By using the Site, you give your consent that all Personal Information that you submit may be processed by us in the manner and for the purposes described below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not use the Site.
Website Owner and Data Controller: Harry and Cece
Owner contact email: email@example.com
The Information We Collect
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device (the “Device Information”). Additionally, with your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, and date and time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), e-mail address, and phone number (the “Order Information”).
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site, including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and order confirmations. Additionally, we use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns);
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Users may opt in to our newsletter mailing list. We will use your e-mail address for this purpose only and will not share with third parties. You may unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we send to you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here:https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note that all parties involved are required to practice confidentiality and are prohibited from using any Personal Information collected from the Site for any unintended purpose.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you may opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at:http://optout.aboutads.info/. Please be advised that if you opt out of any such service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Links To Other Sites
This Site may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. We are not responsible for any of the content, user terms, or privacy policies for websites that we do not own or control.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Site.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We will not retain Personal Information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- Personal Information collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between you and us shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
We may be allowed to retain Personal Information for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, we may be obliged to retain Personal Information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The Internet may not be a secure medium and you use the Site at your own risk. No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You agree to assume the risks associated with the transmission or loss of any data, including the interception of data or information by third parties. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Site cannot be guaranteed. Please note that non-encrypted communication using email is not secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee data security in email communication.
Your Personal Information may be used for legal purposes by us in court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of the Site. We may also be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personal Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities through our Site that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
The Personal Information is processed at our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
If you are located outside of Canada and choose to use the Site, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the transfer, processing, and use in Canada, and elsewhere, of your Personal Information.
Legal Basis of Processing
The Owner may process Personal Information relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislation, the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Information until the User objects to or opts out of such processing, without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Information is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Personal Information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner; or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Personal Information processed by us.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Information.
- Object to processing of their Personal Information. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Personal Information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Personal Information. Users have the right to learn if their Personal Information is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Personal Information undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Personal Information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Personal Information. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Personal Information. In this case, the Owner will not process their Personal Information for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Information deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Personal Information from the Owner.
- Receive their Personal Information and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Personal Information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases. Some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without retaining some residual information because of backups.
How To Exercise These Rights
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective as of October 19 2020